Subscribe for Asian Jokes &
Ways To Tell You're From Hong Kong
1. You are a British Dependent Territory Citizen.
2. You have AMZY or AFZY on your HK Permanent ID card if
you are over 18.
3. You go to Chinese restaurants to yum cha every day.
4. You have a nicely equipped Pentium 2 with at least
64MB of RAM but no modem.
5. You use "mail" instead of "PINE."
6. You don't use email as much as Americans even though
you have an email account.
7. You go to concerts more that going to church.
8. Your backpack weighed more than 40 pounds since
9. You love to put stickers with Chinese phrases on your
10. Your regular slang includes: pk and dnlm.
11. You love the number "8" (bak).
12. You have a pager.
13. You wear a pair of oval-shaped glasses even though you don't
14. You call your secondary male teachers AH-SIR.
15. You call your secondary female teachers MISSE.
16. You wear designer clothes.
17. You wished to join RHKPD when you were young.
18. You had at least one nick name throughout your primary and
19. You are proud of your nationality - BDTC/BNO.
20. You could drink alcoholic beverages LEGALLY when you are 18.
21. You have "***" on your permanent ID card if you are
born in Hong Kong and over age 18.
22. You like to drive Japanese/European cars but not American.
23. You know what "Form One Jai" means.
24. You don't call lottery as "lotto." You call it
"Mark Six" instead.
25. You are so "inch" (tsoon).
26. You pretend you know Mandarin even though you DON'T.
27. You only use the word "toilet," you never use the
words "bathroom," or "restroom."
28. You started singing karaoke when you were five.
29. You are an honor student in school (especially in America).
30. You drive an Integra.
31. You are an expert in MJ.
32. You tip only 10% in Hong Kong.
32. You prefer Sony or Aiwa.
33. You have more than 30 cousins.
34. You know what this means: hem ga chan.
35. Ancient HKers call police as "Green Clothes."
36. You don't know much about the "Basic Law."
37. You can't tell the difference between "Welcome" and
38. You have many many credit cards.
39. You usually have more than two VCRs at home.
40. You think CDs are an essential thing to your life.
41. You love to wear famous brand clothes: DKNY, Versace, Chanel, Polo, etc.
42. You love to wear oval shaped eye-glasses of either brand: Giorgio Armani or Calvin Klein.
43. You watch LDs or VCD more than you sleep.
44. You love to gossip about HK entertainment.
45. You like discos.
46. You always go to "Karaoke" during Happy Hours.
47. You watch both "Chinese" or "American" movies
more than any other nationalities in the world.
48. You have a cellular phone.
49. You hate the "Big Circles."
50. You use Mini discs.
51. You drive Honda Accords.
52. When you say "how are you" in Mandarin, you are
actually saying some bad words.
53. You never "french kiss" in the public.
54. You speak Cantonese loudly although there are many Americans around.
55. You only carry the latest cellular phone.
56. You drive your Honda with body kits.
57. You only browse "next magazine," "Ming Pao,"
and "Sing Tao" in WWW.
58. 12am is too early for you to sleep.
59. 12pm is too early for you to wake up.
60. You never study until the day before the quiz.
61. You have many tips that other people do not know.
62. You like to skate.
63. You play badminton.
64. You are a great liar.
65. You can act.
66. You have "3 minutes heat" to anything.
67. You drink vita soy drink.
68. You are greedy.
69. You are the one who takes more food than you can eat in buffet.
70. You recycle.
71. You pay your utility bills at the last minute.
72. You have pets.
73. You either smoke a lot or you've never smoked.
74. You can easily integrate into any environment and society.
75. You sleep at 4:00 in the morning.
76. You wake up 12:00 noon.
77. You wear Seiko and Citizen.
78. You eat instant noodles too much.
79. You hate to walk.
80. You like to read "tin ha."
81. You like to sleep.
82. You don't sing any national athem.
83. You hate nerds, even if you are one.
84. You rush through your homework and study at the last minute.
85. You say, "when are you going back to Hong Kong?"
instead of, "when are you going to Hong Kong?" (in
86. You like snacks.
87. You are discriminating against gays and lesbians.
88. You live in the Sunset or Richmond district in San Francisco.
89. You have more remote controls than you actually need.
90. You have a compact walkman the size of a tape.
91. You have a Discman.
92. You don't buy duplicated tapes or CDs.
93. You are majoring in engineering or business management.
94. You read "tsing tao" instead of "world
journal" or "china press."
95. You are not selfish.
96. You have had at least one girlfriend or boyfriend.
97. You use "lead pencil" instead of regular pencil.
98. You use pencil boxes with cartoon characters on it.
99. You are the most talkative person among your friends.
100. You are the nosiest person in public.
101. You don't spill.
102. You buy 10000000 VCDs whenever you go back to Hong Kong.
103. You like to use Chinese slang.
104. You like to abbreviate everything, you read "reg" instead of "registration," you read
"sem" instead of "semester."
105. You like to call your friend by nickname.
106. You immigrant to other parts of the world because of "Big Green."
107. You wear designer clothes even though you can't afford them.
108. You can't bear to have ANYONE driving in front of your Honda.
109. You think Claude Van Damme is the best Western actor because he did a John Woo film.
110. You don't wear shorts in summers.
111. You used to call Adidas, "Add-Dee" or "Ah-B."
112. You use the word "toilet."
113. You had at least one pair of Doc Mar.
114. You had at least one Puma shirt.
115. You had at least one Chrysanthemum underwear.
116. You never order appetizers at a restaurant.
117. You wear long sleeves in summer.
118. You rub your toes in front of a TV.
119. You have a computer.
120. You have a walkman, a Discman, and a Gameboy as well as an MD Walkman.
121. You've played all the computer games that have ever come out.
122. You play ... err ... you ARE the Street Fighter Champion.
123. Your Chinese handwriting really sucks.
124. You show off your portable Minidisc player that you got in Hong Kong "for cheap."
125. You even wear sweaters in summer.
126. Your luggage is empty when you arrive at HK; it's full (or even overloaded) when you leave.
127. Your luggage is stuffed with Chinese Mushroom, Heoi May, etc.
128. Your keep instant noodle (Kung jai Mean) handy in your kitchen.
129. You have instant noodles at least once a week... or even everyday.
130. Your call Mercedes-Benz cars as "Benz."
131. Your first trainers are the faithful "Pak Fan Yu."
132. If your are male you are keen in military stuff (guns, aircrafts, tanks), but you don't want to be a
133. You nick a lot of McDonalds' napkins.
134. You ask for extra coffee in McDonalds.
135. You build a mountain of salad when you eat in Pizza Hut.
136. Your stationeries are full of your favorite cartoon character.
137. Your school bag cost well over $1000 dollars and is made of real leather.
138. Your favorite food is Wan Tan Meen after years in the foreigncountries.
139. You are known by your foreign friends as somebody who knew martial arts since birth.
140. You like your foreign friends to think that you know martial arts without really telling them.
141. Your shameful past spreads at the speed of light among your relatives.
142. You wish you knew Mandarin.
143. You pretend to know Mandarin.
144. Your younger brother inherits your clothes.
145. You inherit your elder brother's clothes.
146. You once had a fleet of small 4wd model cars, plus load of their accessories.
147. Your 4wd model cars have enhanced motor (30,000 rpm?),
enhanced tires, and a big bumper.
148. You have a collection of military models, built or yet to be built.
149. You also have a collection of robot models, built or yet to be built.
150. In Karaoke, you often sing what the next room is singing.
151. You also have PC engine, GameGear, SNES, PlayStation, and you
152. You clap when someone says something funny. If you're a girl, you giggle and act like a school girl.
153. You call Lexus cars "Luss-us" instead or "Lex-us."
154. If someone buys ANYTHING, you brag about how its cheaper in
155. You've bragged about the Hong Kong airport at least once.
156. You call bus "bah see."
157. You call cheese "chee see."
158. You call Mercedes Benz cars "Benz- see."
159. You like Fei Mao movies.
160. You have a pair of nerdy black thick plastic frame glasses.
161. You have at least one shirt that says "Hong Kong" on the front.
162. When you see everyone around you with SARS protection mask!