The Top 13 Signs You've Joined the Wrong Martial Arts School
13. Your dojo's symbol is a bullseye target.
12. First demonstration consists of falling to the floor, curling into the fetal position, and whimpering pitifully.
11. Frequent pauses while instructor tearfully stops to right his spilled pocket protector.
10. The "gis" are used hospital gowns, and the "throwing stars" are just slices of old cheese.
9. The homework is always just to watch a Jackie Chan movie.
8. The techniques are only effective if your attacker is one of the Three Stooges.
7. Instructor's low fees enhanced by take from one-on-one "pop quizzes" in dark alleys.
6. Benihana has a restraining order against your instructor.
5. Local muggers gather in the parking lot waiting for class to end.
4. Current students bark out on cue the phrase "Insurance does not exist in this dojo!"
3. You take yourself to the mat 4 out of 5 times simply trying to tie your belt on.
2. Sensei's "ancient Chinese secret" required notifying the neighbors when he moved in.
and the Number 1 Sign You've Joined the Wrong Martial Arts School...
1. Did Confucius ever really say he was "going to open up a can of whoop-ass" on someone?
Copyright 2000-2009. Asian Jokes & Funny Pictures. All rights reserved. Privacy Statement